What We Believe
* We believe that salvation is by grace through faith. Being born again by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is the only requirement for salvation. This means that salvation cannot be earned by any work (church attendance, baptism, repenting of your sins, etc, etc). Salvation is putting your faith in Jesus Christ and that he died, was buried, and rose from the grave to pay for your sin. You receive salvation by simply asking the Lord Jesus Christ to save you.
* We believe in the eternal security of the believer (once saved always saved).
* We believe that the King James Bible is the word of God without error.
* We believe that Jesus is God, and that Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin Mary.
* We also believe that Mary did not stay a virgin, but had other children that the scripture mentions.
* We believe in the autonomy of the local church. This means that we are independent of all denominations, conventions, and fellowships. Jesus Christ is the head of the local church, not a Pope, Prophet, President, or Board of directors.
*We believe only in the local church and not in a universal church.
* We believe that the unsaved will spend eternity in torment in a literal hell.
* We reject the teaching of Calvinism and believe that God wants everyone to be saved.
* We believe that life begins at conception (fertilization) and reject all forms of abortion including surgical abortion, “morning-after” pills, IVF (In Vitro Fertilization), birth control pills, and all other processes that end life after conception.
* We are Non-dispensational, and we believe that the Lord will return after the tribulation, but before the wrath of God is poured out on the earth.
* We oppose worldliness, modernism, formalism, liberalism, pentecostalism, and ecumenicism.
* We believe that sodomy (homosexuality) is a sin and an abomination which God punishes with the death penalty. No sodomite (homosexual) will be allowed to attend or join Temple Baptist Church.
* This is not an all inclusive list; we believe anything and everything found in the King James Version of the Bible.